Saturday, August 17, 2013

Prepare the Barouche; I'm Going to the Thea-tah




At last! I'm finally counting down the days until I see Austenland! I've been looking forward to this movie (based on the novel by Shannon Hale) since I first heard about it in January. The film opened yesterday in Los Angeles and New York. Here are a few of the review tweets I read this morning:


And USA Today says "Austenland is spirited and gently witty."

The film, like the book, pays homage to modern-day Janeites who just can't get enough of Mr. Darcy and, if given the chance, wouldn't mind indulging in a little Pride and Prejudice role-playing.

Sony's release schedule has the film opening in my city on August 30 and I'll be there! I hope it comes to your town soon. You can check your city's release date here.

No comments: